Dec 8, 2006

Giraffe Weevil

The giraffe weevil is so named because it is known for boring into the eyeballs of giraffes to eat their...um, no. That's not why. It's the long neck these beetles have, silly!

These plant-eaters can grow to be three inches long, thanks to that long neck. They live on the island of Madagascar, along with many other ugly animals. If I were really serious about this blog I'd move there and collect my own specimens. But that's where fear and laziness come in handy; I'll be staying in California for the time being.

Thanks for the photo, Phlimm.

Photo courtesy: EatLiver.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... so cute. Well, except for the eye boring thing...

Anonymous said...

I mean the thought of that. I should really proofread my comments.

Raging Wombat said...

No proofreading needed. I'm just glad that you chose to comment!

Howard said...

And I've no idea why Blogger chose to post my comment anonymously. I was logged in, darn it.