Apr 13, 2007

Medium Rare

The reef stonefish is the most venomous fish on the planet. They come equipped with thirteen dorsal spines, each one ready and willing to inject passersby with agonizing toxins, toxins that can kill.

That being said, I see them all the time aquarium shops. Hmmm. I can't get the restaurant to prepare my burger medium rare for fear of E. coli poisoning (actually, for fear of insurance liability and lawsuits), but I can drop by the store and buy one of these no problem? Maybe I could get my stonefish cooked up medium rare...

Photo courtesy: Lady M.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno, I think the stonefish is kinda cute in that "jolie-laide" way.

Arachnophile said...

They are a fascinating fishie. Do the people buying these things even know about the toxins? Sometimes I think pet stores are pure evil!

Raging Wombat said...

Wasn't there a Soutpark episode about that...?

Arachnophile said...

Heh, heh, yes, The episode with the killer goldfish Aunt "Flo" got from the petstore that was linked to the parallel dimension where everything was an evil version of itself. I.E. Evil-Cartman was actually really nice and great to hang out with. ;) Oh, and true to Star Trek cannon, everyone from the evil dimension had a gotee. LOL

Erm... not that I watch that show very often or anything. *innocence*