Jul 19, 2007

Camping in New Mexico

Poor Sandy was camping at a KOA in Carlesbad, New Mexico, minding her own business, when she cam across this monster.

It turned out that they had booked their camping trip during tarantula mating season! They had to endure them for three days -- they were everywhere.

I don't know if I could craft a worse hell for myself if I tried. Camping in the midst of tarantulas! I know some of you would be in heaven, and I don't know what to say to you types.

Thanks for the photos, Sandy. I'm glad you made it out sane.

7 comments:

Jade said...

You're right. That'd be heaven for me :)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be in heaven, but I wouldn't be in hell either. Spiders of any kind eat bugs, including mosquitos, which are my mortal enemies, so I have come to find them fascinating--as long as they don't get on me.

Anonymous said...

OMG - my worst nightmare!!

Safetyfox said...

Once upon a time I wanted to go to Mexico. Not sure I do any more.

Arachnophile said...

OMG! I was just in the REAL Mexico and I didn't see anything even remotely that cool. *JEALOUS*

The best thing my peeps found was a largish long horned beetle. *yawn*

I WANT TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF A TARANTULA LOVE FEST!

;) - you know you all missed me - ;-p

Unknown said...

Oh HELL TO THE NO. I would have left immediately, there's no frickin' way. *shudder*

Anonymous said...

So yeah I live pretty close to there. My husband killed one last night by our back door. He did not know what kind it was and we have an 8 month old. We are from the east coast. We dont see spiders like that where we are from.